12/06/2010

I think I've been HAD!

This is something that I should have known was going to happen but I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
Back in October our area finally was able to get DSL internet and of course since we have had to deal with the fun dial-up and then a internet data card we wanted to try it out. There was a write up in the local paper about DSL being available in our area with a phone number to call if we were interested. I called that number and talked to a guy named Andy, he explained everything to me and gave me the price of getting the service. I wrote down everything he told me (something I learned along time ago, if you cant record the information you NEED to write it down) and I told him I would think about it and call back. A few days later I called back and told him I would try it.
He explained that the package I will get included phone service, Caller ID, Call Waiting and 50 minutes of long distance plus the DSL service at 55.00 a month. I made sure I ask him if that price included taxes, he said YES.
OK on the first month the bill was very confusing because it had a bunch of pro-rated charges so I could not tell what was what but I did notice that I did not have 50 minutes of long distance so I called him and he told me that it should be on the next bill and it was that way because of the pro-rating.
WELL, this month I received what is suppose to be a "normal" bill and lets just say it is NOT 55.00. So I called the 1-800 number and talked to someone and they said they didnt know how he gave me that price. Of course the numbers she gave me did not add up either. So after I got the bill today I called Andy again and guess what his number that I called to get the service has been disconnected. Does that seem weird to anyone else?
Now my 30 days money back is over and I was lied to about what I was going to get and how much it was going to cost me. This is why I hate dealing with things over the phone because people can tell you anything and there is nothing you can really do about it. The other bad thing is CENTURY LINK is the ONLY land line phone service available in our area. Like I said I have been HAD!

No comments: