1/18/2011

BOOK REVIEW "All I Can Handle I'm No Mother Teresa" by Kim Stagliano

Kim Stagilano has written a book that every family should read if they have a special needs child. I am not only talking about autism. I was lucky enough to get one of these book in a contest I entered and since I have never heard of Kim I did not realize how good this was going to be.
This is a memoir of her life with 3 daughters all diagnosed with autism.

From the Cover of the book
HOW ONE WOMAN RAISES THREE AUTISTIC DAUGHTERS, LOSES ONE AT DISNEY WORLD, STAYS MARRIED, HAS SEX, BAKES GLUTEN FREE, GOES BROKE, AND KEEPS HER SENSE OF HUMOR...
So begins Kim Staglianos electrifying, hilarious tale of her family's journey raising three daughters with autism. With her funny, startling, and illuminating first book, Stagliano joins the ranks of bestselling memoirists like David Sedaris and Augusten Burroughs. With her willingness to lay everything on the table- family, friends, and enemies to basement floods to birthdays to (possible) Heroin addictions-she eviscerates and celebrates the absurb.

I thought this was such an uplifting, funny story. You would never think anything in your life would be funny raising three children on the spectrum, well she managed to find it.

I would recommend this book to any family, I laughed so hard but also cried at time, but one things for sure it made me feel better about the hand I was dealt.

2 comments:

J Rodney said...

What a fabulous review, it really does sound like a great book.

I would like to invite you to link up your review to the Book Lover’s Blog Hop at Story Time Under the Stars.

Uniflame said...

Thank you so much for reviewing this book :) I will add this to the challenge list :)