1/09/2011

Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar (My Style)

This time of the year my favorite place is Starbucks, they have their special Cranberry Bliss Bars and the Kids favorite Polar Bear Cookies. I decided I would attempt to make the Cranberry Bars, hey how hard can it be. I thought I would sort of mix a couple of recipes together to get what I want. I used the recipe for the cake part from the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake (see below) and then for the frosting I used a recipe from a coconut cake I made a Christmas. First I made the cake part:
CAKE PART

1 box of Yellow Cake Mix


1 stick of Butter


3 Eggs


1 bag of White Chocolate Chips


Combine the first 3 together and mix well, spread into a 9x13 baking pan. Sprinkle with a few White Chocolate Chips. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.

While that is cooking mix up the frosting:
FROSTING

1 8oz pk of Cream Cheese (softened)


4 cups of Powered Sugar


1 Tsp of Vanilla


Mix all these together and blend very well.

After cake is cool, spread frosting over it. Sprinkle with White Chocolate Chips, Dried Cranberries and Drizzle with Melted White Chocolate Chips.

After the family taste test the results are in-- It taste VERY VERY good but not exactly like Starbucks. I really did not expect it to. As long as it taste good and looks good I am happy, and you have to admit it looks good. So now I going to make me a cup of hot coffee and sit down and pretend I have Starbucks!!


1 comment:

kinnairdkath said...

oooooooooo,so wouldd love me some of this right now